The 2017 STIHL TIMBERSPORTS® Australian Championship is set to kick-off in May, and with 4 Championship divisions this year it's going to be bigger and better than ever!
• 4-6 May: Round 1 – Carrick, TAS
• 7-9 July: Round 2 – Townsville, QLD (travel assistance offered)
• 16-17 Sept: Round 3 – Sandown, VIC
• 5-8 Oct: Round 4 – Bathurst, NSW
• 3-4 Nov: World Champs - Lillehammer, Norway
• 24-26 Nov : Round 5 – Newcastle, NSW
Australia's top 8 battle across 4 rounds, the Australian Champion heads to the World Championship as the single competition representative. Top 5 qualify for the Chopperoos Team for the Team World Championship.
Qualified Athletes: Brad De Losa, Laurence O'Toole, Brayden Meyer, Jamie Head, Mitch Argent, Matt Gurr, Kody Steers, Justin Beckett
Men's Open Qualifiers: The journey to the 2018 World Championship starts here! We will be holding open qualifiers for a maximum of 8 athletes at rounds 1-4. The top 2 athletes from each round will advance to the Pro Tour Qualifier at Round 5 in December.
Please select the location you wish to compete at, where entries exceed spots a ranking system based on past performances in STIHL TIMBERSPORTS® competitions will be used.
Rookie Championship: New comers to STIHL TIMBERSPORTS® format (under 25's) battle in 4 disciplines (Stocksaw, Underhand, Singlebuck, Standing Block). We will be holding open qualifiers for a maximum of 8 athletes at rounds 1-4. The top 2 athletes from each round will advance to the Rookie Championship Final at the Final Round 5 in November.
Women's Championship: We are thrilled to announce that in 2017 we will launch our Australian Women's Championship!
The three competing disciplines will include: Underhand Chop – 12-inch wood, Stock Saw – 16-inch wood with MS 661 chainsaw, Singlebuck – 16-inch wood
Maximum of 8 athletes will be ranked and selected based on times in underhand and single buck from time trials at the 4 qualifying rounds (Exact format to be announced once entries received)
• Any athlete required to travel interstate to compete will receive $250 travel subsidy.
• Travel subsidy will be available for all athletes travelling to Townsville.
• Full competition information and prize money will be announced in April 2017.
• Australian Citizens Only.
• Entries close 31st March 2017.
Click here to submit your entry!