Every Dad deserves STIHL
Terms and Conditions
Conditions of Entry:
1. Information on how to enter and prizes forms part of these Conditions of Entry. Entry into the Every dad deserves STIHL Promotion (Promotion) is deemed acceptance of these Conditions of Entry.
2. The Promotion commences at 9:00am AEST on 16 August 2017. Entries close at 5:00pm AEST on 25 August 2017 ("Promotional Period")
3. Entry is only open to Australian residents aged 18 years and over who have an Australian residential address. Employees of the Promoter, any agency associated with the Promotion and immediate family members of any such an employee are ineligible to enter. "Immediate family member" means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister, or first cousin).
4. To enter, you must, within the Promotion Period:
a. visit the Competitions section of the STIHL Australia Facebook page at: https://www.facebook.com/STIHLAustralia/ (STIHL Page); and
b. post a comment on the STIHL Page, stating in 50 words or less why your dad deserves STIHL this Father's Day. . Your comment must be original words that are your own; and
c. enter a valid first and last name, email address, and contact telephone number.
5. Entries are limited to one (1) entry per Facebook account.
6. The Promoter may, in its absolute discretion, remove any comment or entry from the STIHL Page which it deems, in its absolute discretion, to be offensive or inappropriate, not made in response to the Promotion question, or not otherwise made in accordance with these Conditions of Entry.
7. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant's identity and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Conditions of Entry, or who tampers with the entry process. The Promoter's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
8. There are four (4) STIHL Compact Battery Kits to be won (Prizes). Each Prize consists of:
a. 1 x HSA56 Battery Hedge Trimmer valued at RRP $279;
b. 1 x BGA56 Battery Blower valued at RRP $259;
c. 1 x FSA56 Battery Grass Trimmer valued at RRP $259;
d. 1 x MSA120 Battery Chainsaw valued at RRP $339;
e. 1 x AL101 Battery Charger valued at RRP $69; and
f. 2x Lithium-Ion AK20 Battery valued at RRP $179 each.
9. Each Prize is valued at $1,563. The total Prize pool is valued at $6,252.
10. The value of each Prize is accurate and based upon the recommended retail price(s) of each item comprising a STIHL Compact Battery Kit as at 3 August 2017. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of each Prize after that date. A Prize cannot be transferred, exchanged or redeemed for cash. The Promoter retains the right to substitute a Prize with a prize of equal or greater value (including where a Prize is unavailable).
11. The time of each entry will, in each case, be the time that the entrant's comment is registered on the STIHL Page. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost, or misdirected entries due to technical disruptions, network congestion or for any other reason.
12. The Prizes will be awarded to the four (4) Eligible Entries that the Promoter determines, in its absolute discretion, are the most creative and unique (individually a "Winner"; collectively. the "Winners").
13. STIHL will determine the Winners by 10:00am AEST on 28 August 2017.
14. Each Winner will be notified by email and telephone by 30 August 2017 and will have their name published on the STIHL Page at https://www.facebook.com/STIHLAustralia.
15. If STIHL is unable to contact all Winners by 18 September 2017, or a Winner forfeits or fails to accept their Prize within 18 days of being notified of their selection as a Winner, they will be deemed to have forfeited their entitlement to a Prize. In such circumstances, the Promoter may select another Winner or Winners from the Eligible Entries by 10:00am AEST on 19 September 2017. ("Second Chance Winner").
16. Second Chance Winners will be notified by email and telephone by 13 September 2017.
17. These Conditions of Entry apply to a Second Chance Winner as if they were a Winner.
18. The Promoter will determine in conjunction with each Winner the nearest STIHL Authorised Dealer (Dealer) and arrange for the relevant Prize to be available for collection from the Dealer by the Winner.
19. In order to claim a Prize, Winners must present a valid form of photo identification to the relevant Dealer at the time of collecting their Prize.
20. Subject to clause 25, the entrant is responsible for all ancillary costs associated with the Prize, including but not limited to oil and lubricants, maintenance and repairs.
21. The Promotion may be extended at the Promoter's absolute discretion.
22. The Promoter reserves the right to change the Promotion, or part of the Promotion, at any time.
23. If, for any reason, this Promotion is not capable of being run as planned, including (but not limited to) due to infection by computer virus, bugs, network failure, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its absolute discretion to take any action that may be available to it, including cancelling, terminating, modifying or suspending the Promotion.
24. Subject to clause 25, and to the extent permitted by law, each entrant releases the Promoter (including their respective officers, employees and agents) from all liability (including negligence), for any death or personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special, or consequential, arising in any way out of the Promotion, including but not limited to, where arising out of the following: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter's control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry that is late, lost, altered, damaged, or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in the Prize value to that stated in these Conditions of Entry; (e) any tax liability incurred by an entrant; or (f) the receiving, taking or using the Prize.
25. Nothing in these Conditions of Entry is intended to exclude, restrict or modify any consumer rights under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) (CCA) or any other legislation which may not be excluded, restricted, or modified by agreement. If the CCA or any other legislation implies a condition, warranty, or term into the Conditions of Entry or provides statutory guarantees in connection with these Conditions of Entry, in respect of goods and services supplied (if any), the Promoter's liability for breach of such a condition, warranty, other term, or guarantee is limited (at the Promoter's election) to the extent it is able to do so: (a) in the case of supply of goods, the Promoter doing any one or more of the following: (i) replacing the goods or supplying equivalent goods; (ii) repairing the goods; (iii) paying the cost of replacing the goods or of acquiring equivalent goods; and/or (iv) paying the cost of having the goods repaired; or (b) in the case of supply of services, the Promoter doing either or both of the following: (i) supply the services again; and/or (ii) paying the cost of having the services supplied again.
26. It is a condition of accepting a Prize that each Winner will be required to sign a release of liability in a form to be determined in the absolute discretion of the Promoter.
27. Winners must, at the Promoter's request, participate in any promotional activity (such as publicity and photography, and including but not limited having a photograph taken when collecting a Prize), relating to the winning of a Prize, free of charge, and they consent to the Promoter using their name and image in any future promotional material.
29. Entrants can request access to update or correct their personal information held by the Promoter and may request that they not receive further promotional or marketing communications from the Promoter by contacting the Promoter at the address above. Should an entrant's contact details change during the Promotion Period, it is the entrant's responsibility to notify the Promoter. All personal information will be securely stored by the Promoter.
30. This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Entrants understand that they are providing their information to the Promoter and not to Facebook. All entrants unconditionally and irrevocably release and discharge Facebook from any and all liability in relation to this Promotion.
31. Entry and continued participation in the Promotion is dependent on entrants following and acting in accordance with the Facebook Statement of Rights and Responsibilities, which can be viewed at http://www.facebook.com/terms.php.
32. This Promotion adheres to the Conditions of Entry set out in the Facebook promotion guidelines which can be found at: http://www.facebook.com/promotions_guidelines.php.
33. The Promoter is STIHL Australia Pty Ltd ABN 76 004 881 145 of 5 Kingston Park Court, Knoxfield, VIC 3134.
Promotion support is available at:
Telephone: 03 9215 6666