Safety tip 9 - Never use the tip of the bar.
- The most dangerous part of the bar is the tip.
- If the tip of the bar comes into contact with the wood it may cause the bar to ‘kick back' which will shoot the bar up towards you.
- The safest part of the bar for cutting is the area closest to the engine.
- Let the chainsaw pull you slightly towards the wood and apply slight downwards pressure.
The chainsaw will do the rest of the work. Remember to ease off on the pressure as you near the end of the cut.
- There is no need to move the saw back and forth, it's not a handsaw, it won't go any faster but may put you off balance.